I was born and raised at Colston Bassett, and moved to Cropwell Bishop when I married my wife Eunice in 1971. We had one daughter, and one granddaughter who live locally. Unfortunately I was widowed in September 2011.
Cropwell Bishop Parish Council:
I was elected to Cropwell Bishop Parish Council in 1991 and elected Chairman in 2003.
My main responsibility is to attend conferences and meetings involving the Borough and County Councils;
- To advise and assist the Parish Clerk.
- To bring to the Parish Councils’ notice changes in Government policy.
- To assist the Parish Clerk in the Councils’ Health & Safety Policy
- To write, and review the Council’s Strategy on Community Engagement.
I represent the Council on other local village organisations i.e.
- The Parish Plan Monitoring Group.
- Entertainments & Activities Working Group.
- The village Youth Group.
- The Primary Schools’ Pupils’ Council.
I also co-edit and write articles for Cropwell Bishop News & co-ordinate the local Speed Watch Team.
My main interests are Politics, Reading, History and Vintage Commercial Vehicles.Until last year when I had my spine fused my other interests were walking and gardening both of which has now has been curtailed. I also own a touring caravan.
53 Hoe View Road