New rules regarding social distancing in England were applied on Monday 14TH September 2020, meaning that residents should not meet with people from other households socially in groups of more than six.
Following reports of a slight increase in cases in the Rushcliffe Borough, we are requesting you continue to share key health messages with your friends and family to ensure we all play a part in tackling its transmission rate.
We’re reminding residents, and business owners to:
• Adhere to the Rule of Six, meaning that you should not meet with people from other households
socially in groups of more than six. This applies indoors and outdoors, including in private homes.
Education and work settings are unaffected.
• “Hands, Face, Space” which means:
Hands-wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
Face-wear a face covering where required, unless you are exempt
Space-Maintain social distance of at least 2 metres from anyone you don’t live with or 1 metre plus
additional precautions such as extra ventilation, screens or face coverings
• When eating out at a café, pub or restaurant everyone should provide full and accurate contact
details of everyone in your group. This NHS Test and Trace Service is important for tracking and
preventing the spread.
• Avoid car sharing but if doing so keep windows open, stick to small groups and wipe down surfaces.
• If you have COVID symptoms, get a test and self-isolate. Symptoms include a fever, a new continuous
cough, or loss of your sense of taste or smell. Call 119 to book your free test or visit